1/17/2010

Delhi traffic: a real romance...


People were asking me after I arrived in Delhi, coming from Canada i should mention: "what stroke you the most so far?" Well, I must admit that the traffic in Delhi is one of the first things you mention few minutes after you get out of the airport! The first word that comes to your mind watching this incredible show (it is actually a real show going on all day and night long!) is MESS!
You can see along your trip through the city bikes, tractors, dogs, cows of course, rickshaws (see picture), but event elephants, especially during the wedding season (winter time)!! I remember the first time I saw one on a big three lanes road walking slowly in the middle of the crazy traffic on my way to the office in the morning. I can assure you that that made my day! One thing you have to remember: honking is a way of being seen by other drivers, so get your ears prepared!
But after a while, you kind of find that charming. A moving show of colours, sound, and sometimes smells (!)
I still wonder how I will be able to drive in this city. Challenge planed for next month! Will send you the pictures and share my first impressions as a new actor of the show!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Jay for sharing your adventure and discoveries in this wonderful/messy place ;)
    I'll be staying tuned for some fresh newz my friend.

    Peace.
    Seb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dioooooosssss miooooo!!! Qué envidia te tengo! Bueno, ya te puedes imaginar que una noche te llamaré para que me cuentes tus aventuras en la radio...jejejeje! Te mando un beso bien fuerte y te deseo un 2010 lleno de cosas buenas...y cuidado con las indias!!!! jejeje

    Bisou enorrrrrrmeeeeeee.

    Sandra, la mallorquina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jérôme,
    je suis donc venue faire un petit tour pour voir comment Jay l'Indien s'acclimatait à son nouveau pays...visiblt bien !
    Elles st très sympas tes photos..mais celle qui me fait bcp sourrire c'est celle de ton profil : pas très locale la bouteille !!!
    j'espère que tu ns donnera tes impressions sur les vins locaux...
    A très bientôt
    amicalement
    Valérie

    ReplyDelete